Join the Express Family
Open Positions at Express Logistics
Remotely: Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC will be the primary office location but all duties are performed remotely.
- Experience in freight transportation a must; Experience in Ground Expediting preferred
- Generate leads and qualify accounts through cold calling, research and networking
- Dispatch shipments for closed accounts.
- Maintain and develop relationships with closed customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Develop strategy, sales plans and profit targets
- Delivering sales by developing relationships with prospective customers
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Traveling occasionally to visit potential and existing customers. Travel expected at less than 2.5%.
- Representing Express at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability and desire to sell coupled with ability to cope with rejection
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- A high degree of self-motivation, strong interpersonal skills and easily adapting to dynamic situations
- Good planning, organization, time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with a positive attitude
- English Language: Excellent written and oral skills
Salary plus commission; Earning potential varies based on candidate’s level of knowledge, sales history & proforma.
Logistics Coordinators work primarily over email and phone receiving bid requests from customers. They are responsible for fully understanding the quote needs and customer impositions, while following company process and procedure to give customers the best service. Scheduling correct equipment and recording important information while confirming margins are in line with company procedures.
Compensation: Salary and Commissions Pay
- Communicating by phone, e-mail and messaging systems in a business-like professional manner leaving the customer or driver with a positive experience.
- Master X-Dispatch TMS software that provides a comprehensive dispatch module with intelligent dispatching capabilities for order entry and reporting.
- Confirm driver availability, location, and determine capacity while negotiating rates.
- Agree on ETAs with Driver / Carrier & customer and procure customer and carrier rate agreements.
- Update customer with any discrepancies or changes within the work order.
- Understanding TSA / HAZMAT / CANADIAN SHIPMENT compliance and regulations. Exceed customer expectations and uphold their imposed requirements.
- Report all customer or driver problems and/or compliments to supervisor.
- Master Microsoft Outlook email rules and notifications.
- Proactively employ problem-solving procedures by isolating the problem, getting to the root cause, employing steps to prevent repeat occurrences of the same or similar in nature by taking full advantage of “collective cooperation” so the entire team may take ownership.
- Maintain clean, safe and neat work area.
- Update various customer Transportation Management Websites in a timely accurate fashion.
- Maintain Order Compliance.
- Complete and issue thorough debriefs at shift change.
Perform all duties as assigned.